ISO: ISO: Michael in Tampa...to answer your oatmeal questions...

In Search Of:

kpinky

I thought I'd do a new post as your question was so high up on the board that we might lose it. I have not tried the "reduced sugar" per se, because the "Weight Control" Cinnamon has only 1 gram of sugar. It is sweetened with Splenda (which is obviously reduced sugar, but the box does not say "reduced sugar" or anything like that and I'm not sure why). The "Weight Control" also has more protein and fiber than regular oatmeal. I like it. I also buy the "Take Heart" which is lower sodium than most, has added potassium, and some other vitamins added. It has 9 grams of sugar, which is hardly outlandish The banana bread flavor is pretty good once in awhile...I think that's also "Weight Control" flavor. And yes, I find these very filling and satisfying in the morning. I like to make them thick...with some bite and body. I don't add milk or anything...just eat them as it. My grandma always swore by oatmeal and ate it every moring. She lived to be 101! Had every brain cell intact. My brother is trying this oatmeal challenge now...and he's going to let me know how it goes. What have you got to lose? (Besides cholesterol?!) Let me know what and how you do! There are so many flavors to choose from. (You're right about baby oatmeal...it's just awful. Don't know why you stuck with it for so long.)

Thanks...I'll look for the Weight Control. I stuck with...

baby oatmeal for 14 years because back in the 50's and 60's we ate what was put in front of us. And we cleaned our plates because we were thinking of all the starving children in China (or Africa)! Besides I was the middle child of 5, which my mother had within 6 years, and TBLBITW (The Best Little Boy In The World).

Back