ISO: ISO: Trying to find KitchenAid dehydration spacer (Part No. 814166)

In Search Of:

marilynfl

My mom has a really nice KitchenAid stove/oven that has a really annoying super-sensitive front function panel. All you have to do is look at it crosswise and it pops up a function that you then have to cancel.

This morning, my newly minted ROLL of belly fat leaned in while cooking mom breakfast and somehow I turned on a dehydration function. There is nothing on the panel that says Dehydration or Options so by getting down on my newly padded belly, I was able to find the model and serial number and found the manual online. There IS a dehydration function!

Of course, now I need one optional part to use this function: a spacer that keeps the door slightly ajar while keeping the convection fan on. I can't find the part on their site or on Amazon and the Live Chat at KitchenAid ends immediately, telling me to "contact them anytime."

My brain cells are currently dehydrating over this annoying inability to find something so simple.

Any help would be appreciated.

when I search I get a Whirlpool spacer for that part no

On two different sites but it is out of stock on both. I wonder if the two manufacturers don't use the same part as it seems very coincidental for a part no to come up for two different manufacturers.

and here is a whirlpool with different part no that is available. I wonder if it might not work?
https://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-spacer-dehydration-74007237-ap4098393.html

https://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-spacer-dehydration-74007237-ap4098393.html

Maybe Craig's list? I tried looking on Ebay, but not having the

model number, it came back with all sorts of parts.
Craig's list-someone selling the entire used oven may be willing to part with the part. smileys/wink.gif

Frustrating! Good luck.

M

Thank you all. Here is more specific information with model numbers, etc.

KITCHENAID® Gas Freestanding and Slide-In Range
Model: KGST307 (KGST307HBT)
Serial #: IMK3710847

† The dehydration spacer (Part No. 814166) or the dehydration kit which includes racks and a spacer (Part No. 4395974) can be ordered from your local KitchenAid dealer, or by calling 1-800-422-1230 (in Canada, 1-800-461-5681) and following the instructions and telephone prompts you hear.

Here is the name of the manual I found online:
owners-manual-9753620-RevA.pdf

https://www.kitchenaid.com/content/dam/global/documents/199908/owners-manual-9753620-RevA.pdf

I searched too. Found lots of light bulbs. But thank you for the image/laugh/misuse of body parts

that are growing beyond recognition, for some of us at least.

I'm going to try to MacGyver this. (thanks Paul!) Find 1 inch diameter magnet to position over

the oven door's on/off switch to keep it in ON position, superglue several spacers to it to achieve necessary thickness (about 1.5"?) and then glue on the OTHER half of the magnet (south pole) so it sticks to the door, but still keeps it slightly ajar.

I don't know...I usually get scary results when my brain come up with a solution all on its own.

I was thinking jury-rig, too! With your family in the area,

you should be able to come up with the materials and ideas for enhancements. I bet internet "others" have methods that have worked. This is too cool of an opportunity to miss smileys/wink.gif Colleen

Back