Japanese carrot salad dressing

charley2

I love this dressing and made this one this morning. The only difference was I used more carrot--maybe 3X the amount they say. It is really good.
I used to have a recipe that my son said was better than tne Japanese restaurant's!! It is lost but this seems to be much the same.
OH, in reading some recipes I read one that used soy sauce and then I "made" this one but added soy sauce. Don't do it--not unexpectedly it turns it brown!! It tastes good but.... So I have that batch but I remade it without and it is the great orangy carrot color. Make it a good inch or more of ginger for sure.

Carrot Ginger Dressing にんじんドレッシング/

I love this dressing and made this one this morning. The only difference was I used more carrot--maybe 3X the amount they say. It is really good.
I used to have a recipe that my son said was better than tne Japanese restaurant's!! It is lost but this seems to be much the same.
OH, in reading some recipes I read one that used soy sauce and then I "made" this one but added soy sauce. Don't do it--not unexpectedly it turns it brown!! It tastes good but.... So I have that batch but I remade it without and it is the great orangy carrot color. Make it a good inch or more of ginger for sure.

Carrot Ginger Dressing にんじんドレッシング/
Do ya ever wish that people who are sharing their concoctions online could do so without all the photos to show us what a spoon looks like and how some ingredient looks when sitting a bowl as opposed to not in a bowl, and the list of ingredients accompanied by another list that adds quantities, and all that other nonsense? I'm not sure that this recipe showed us a carrot.....I may be uncertain.......is it that orange vegetable??? But it does all look good. I have not bought miso in years, but just may do. Thanks

THAT is the precise reason I HATE blogs--even SallyBR ( I didn't "hate" hers but I really don't want the commentary). I do NOT want to look at your cookware--just tell me the recipe and why you like it.

I think you could omit the miso. I know I didn't have miso for my first recipe that my son loved. Might need more salt--or maybe more sesame oil too. But this is a good recipe.

Back