Just got a grill pan...need ideas

franinva

Sooo excited> I got a Calpholon grill pan off of Amazon, half price, free shipping and it came on one day!! Can you give me some good ideas about cooking on one of these?

Type 'grill' as the keyword in the above search option. There's plenty of grilling recipes here

but you'll have to weed through them.

Also, I've made Yakitori marinade for skewers using boneless chicken thighs and grilled chicken thighs, and tenders.

Lightly oil or spray the grill and let it get really hot first. Let the meat sear a bit and then reduce the heat to cook through. Don't cook large or uneven meats such as chicken drumsticks or legs that would take too long to cook.

Have fun with it!

http://www.japan-guide.com/r/e102.html

For all the grillers here.... check out this link. I get the recipe of the week

emailed to me on Fridays.

I just received this one:

View the current Recipe of the Week online by visiting: www.weber.com/row

more recipes Coffee Crusted Rib-Eye Steaks

Rub
1 tablespoon finely ground dark-roasted coffee
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice

4 rib-eye steaks, 8 to 10 ounces each and about 1 inch thick
Extra virgin olive oil

In a small bowl mix the rub ingredients.

Lightly coat the steaks on both sides with the oil. Massage the rub into both sides of each steak. Let the steaks stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling.

With the lid closed, sear the steaks over Direct High heat (500°F to 550°F) until marked on each side, about 5 minutes, turning once. (If flare-ups occur, move the steaks temporarily over Indirect High heat.) Finish cooking the steaks over Indirect High heat until cooked to desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes for medium-rare, turning once. Remove from the grill and let rest for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve warm.

Makes 4 servings

Feeling full? Unsubscribe from Weber's Recipe of the Week reminder.

http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/recipe/menu.aspx

Back