Lemon sugar cookies. I have to have a cookie fix, regularly. I found a lemon sugar cookie recipe, which I made, didn't care for too much, and

Marg CDN

have been adapting. Today, I think I got there. I would go back to the regular sugar cookie recipe, using all butter, but I added the zest of 2 large lemons. That is using 2+ cups flour. I then rolled the top of the cookie-to-be in tubinado sugar and lots more lemon zest before baking.

It worked. And will make again, but using my regular sugar cookie recipe, the old tried and true.

Love when a solution arrives. One more trick if you aren't doing this already: Zest the lemon directly over the sugar to capture the volatile oils flying off it--a micro zester works best.

Oh yes, see, your mojo is on its way. Thank you.

I gave up doing this a while ago and have moved on to zesting over wax paper because I am getting lazy about capturing essences. I really have become lazy, or tired, or disenchanted. Even more despicable than losing mojo. But thank you for reminding me.

I’ll have to try this. I’ve yet to get them right either. My unicorn was a boxed version (boxed!) they use to carry at Whole Foods before it was Amazon. The cookies were shaped like teapots and they were ever so cute, but the taste and texture was perfect. You’d think having a lemon tree I could get there, but not yet.

Oh yes, see, your mojo is on its way. Thank you.

I gave up doing this a while ago and have moved on to zesting over wax paper because I am getting lazy about capturing essences. I really have become lazy, or tired, or disenchanted. Even more despicable than losing mojo. But thank you for reminding me.
The even lazier way is put sugar in bowl, lay micro plane across it then proceed to zest. I’m all about the lazy these days.

Back