Made the Cranberry Tangerine socnes this morning.

luisa_calif

Very nice. 425 for 14 minutes. Used 3/4 cup snipped up cranberries and orange instead of tangerine ( sorry, I'm sorta sick and didn't want to venture outside this morning)

Things to try differently next time. Pre-soak the cranberries (maybe in a little juice?) They weren't really dry but maybe could have been a tad better. Also, use tangerine if possible. Also make 10 instead of 8.

http://www.finerkitchens.com/swap/forum/index.php?action=display&forumid=1&msgid=3682

Hi Luisa, I have a recipe very similar to this for orange and...

cranberry scones and I use fresh cranberries. I buy the bags of fresh cranberries when they are in the market for Thanksgiving and just keep them in the freezer. Then I put them in the batter straight from the freezer. They are delicious. You might want to try that next time.

I got my recipe out of a local paper here back in July or Aug and...

then found that I couldn't find any cranberries. I was really surprised that all three of the major grocery stores here didn't have any in the freezer section. So when they came out before Thanksgiving I stocked up...5 bags in the freezer. LOL

I made them this morning too. Lots of comments....

This is a very rich recipe and the result is a fabulously fine texture. But I found it needed a lot longer cooking time. I did not cut quite through to the bottom, so that may affect the cooking time a little but I had to bake it for about 18 minutes. When cutting just before baking, I used a long serrated knife so as to easily slice through the cranberries when they got in the way.

I used 2/3 cup fresh cranberries, cut in halves.

I found it difficult to bring this together at the end and I was even a little generous on the tangerine juice and the sour cream.

I was surprised that it took fully 2 large tangerines to get 2 T. zest.

Great breakfast!! Let's do this again. But I would definitely use the fresh (or frozen) berries rather than dried.

Back