My poor friend, this is not the tg lamb roast she ordered…

mariadnoca

When it defrosted enough tonight to finally unwrap the butcher paper, this is what she found:

B4050850-DBA4-4C42-B54D-1C274F1F6B15.jpeg

not exactly a roast to feed all those guests. At 8:45 pm tonight she started calling grocery stores and found a boneless leg of lamb they put on hold for her. So, hopefully thanksgiving disaster averted. 🤞 For the record, this was supposed to be a lamb shoulder roast, bone in and came from the halal butcher store.

What am I looking at??? Is that just a pile of ribs from various animals...or a hospital biomedical disposal pit? You know, one filled with floating ribs from actresses who had them removed to cinch a smaller waist.

PS: It's on the Internet, so it must be true.

I’ve never cooked ribs, is this what you get when you order a rack of ribs? It just looks like a pile of bones (in a body cavity 😳) to me. Was hoping one of you knew.

I have done lamb ribs. They can be tasty but only the one at the top appears to be worth anything. Those poor animals look like they spent their entire little lives working.

Looked for the recipe but it is not showing up anywhere. It was just slow-baked with rosemary, garlic, and oil rub. Pancetta would be good in the paste as well.

When it defrosted enough tonight to finally unwrap the butcher paper, this is what she found:

View attachment 1988

not exactly a roast to feed all those guests. At 8:45 pm tonight she started calling grocery stores and found a boneless leg of lamb they put on hold for her. So, hopefully thanksgiving disaster averted. 🤞 For the record, this was supposed to be a lamb shoulder roast, bone in and came from the halal butcher store.
Oh my, if those are lamb ribs, I might commit a crime to get hold of those. My absolute favorite on a grill, but local places never sell them. DH has promised to buy a whole lamb from the butcher a town or two away for Christmas. I really miss buying half lambs from the store in SA.

Back