Need help with hostess gift!

julieinva

A friend of ours is going to Jamica on Saturday with 3 couple friends of his. We know one of the couples. The couple we know,invited us on Friday night to their home, where all who are going on the trip will spend the night. Everyone else is from out of town. We are invited for dinner and I asked what could I bring. She said her dinner was planned & didn't want me to bring anything. One of the people coming is a wine distributor so I guess that's out . Since they are leaving the next moring, flowers don't seem like a good idea either. Any ideas? They do not have any children. I really do not want to go empy handed. Thanks!!

Julie, Sorry clicked too quickly. Check the lovely book called ..

"Beach Wisdom: Life Lessons From the Ocean" by Elizabeth Cogswell Baskin.

Here's some ideas (more)

Some fun things for them to use when they return that will remind them of the trip:

~~Bag of those little umbrella drink thingys
~~Some fun, tropical swizzle sticks (Pier One often has stuff like this)
~~CD of Jimmy Buffet
~~CD of Jamacian music

If you want something they could use on the trip, how about:

~~A couple of those instant/disposable cameras to take snapshots (you can even get the ones that work underwater, I believe)
~~A really big bottle of sunscreen (you can never have enough and you can never find the bottle when you need it)
~~Two pairs of really outrageous flip flops (check the drugstores); you can always use them and they're easy to pack

Hope this helps!

Amanda/Illinois

Maybe a Jamaican cookbook? Or make up some Jerk seasoning...

and put it in a pretty bottle. When they return home they'll be able to create that Jerk Chicken that they had on the trip.

Decided to do a basket with a little of all. Found Beach Wisdom

and some jerk seasoning. Added some chocolate & nuts. Big bottle of good sunscreen & some treats for her little dog, too!!

Back