Notice Affects All - SITE UPDATES Q2 - 2022

Paul

RecipeSwap.org host
Staff member
2022 is flying by. As we enter the 2nd quarter of 2022 there is going to be another significant change to way the Recipe Swap functions. The biggest issue and this affects ALL USERS, is that there will no longer be an option to have a separate Username and Display Name. They will be the same and only one and it will be your Username.

• Your Username is what will be displayed on your posts, replies etc.

This change is going to be implemented automatically. You do not need to do anything However, if your current Display Name (the name that is displayed in the Recipe Swap forums and on your profile) is different than your login Username, you will need to contact me if you want to make your Display Name, your username.

If you want to have a handle like "MarilynFL" but would also like to include your Real Name, there will be an option for this to display on your profile page. But this is completely optional and it won't be posted on your author box in your forum posts.

Contact me if you need further clarification or assistance. You can also email me directly: paul@recipeswap.org

ps. other good stuff coming soon:

• WAY Better Search!
  • Better organization of the forums and overall Easier Navigation
  • Less confusing form for posting new threads and replies.

Hi Paul

Thanks for the update. I haven't ever mentioned it but as attractive as the blue on blue display is, it is a little hard to read IMO--a bit like the Gourmet Anneversary cookbook that was printed yellow on yellow. I imagine that any change to that would be really difficult but thought I would just mention it. Thanks for all you do. Wish more would join in but we can hope.

As far as I know, there is no blue on blue anywhere on the site. If you could be more specific, I could check.

Well, you solved my "problem". When I put my cursor over a reply it becomes blue background and I now see it is black on blue. However, if I take my cursor off of the reply the background is white and fine to read. Sorry for the wrong info!! Thanks for ALL the work.

Back