Oh, the obscenity...and the lust! Gruyere & Herb Buttermilk Biscuits

marilynfl

Obscene because this puppy has 16 TBL of butter, 4 oz of Gruyere & 1.25 cups of buttermilk--collectively 234 grams of fat which, at 9 calorie/fat gram = 2,106 fat calories for...wait for it...wait for it...

...9 biscuits.

I haven't even added in the 3 cups of flour yet. But hey, the herbs are probably low-calorie, so there's that.

See there...that's them, lurking on the cover of the damn book, taunting and tempting me.

I feel the need to jump up, run on stage and slap someone silly.

But I'm probably STILL going to make them.

Attachments

• Savory Baker.jpg
    Savory Baker.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Oh my yes, that is a groaner. Unfortunately, I can't get daunted by excess and I'm starting to pay for it. Indeed lots of jumping would be in order.

May try these next week. But a cup of butter for 9! Yikes, 2 T. each sounds better.

If your arteries survive, let us know.

Well, actually not so bad IMO

Starbuck's blueberry muffin comes in at 360 calories.

This is "only" 240 and we have to admit that fat makes stuff taste good.

ya...see, 240 calories was just the fat calories. The book generously provides nutritional counts and this demon locks in at 420 calories. I can probably still get away with eating it if I serve it with something low-cal...like a bowl of hot water.

I've already ordered it...it's arriving tomorrow--thus violating my own sacred oath to NOT order any more cookbooks until I've made at least 3 successful recipes.

What can I say...the flesh is weak when faced with

jalapeno cheddar scones or

corn/tomato//bacon galette or

potato & parmesan tart or

butternut squash, apple & gruyere turnovers or

gochujang & cheddar pinwheels.

I had just made a sacher torte for the library and realized how bored I was with pastry. Then I checked out this damn book.

I've already ordered it...it's arriving tomorrow--thus violating my own sacred oath to NOT order any more cookbooks until I've made at least 3 successful recipes.

What can I say...the flesh is weak when faced with

jalapeno cheddar scones or

corn/tomato//bacon galette or

potato & parmesan tart or

butternut squash, apple & gruyere turnovers or

gochujang & cheddar pinwheels.

I had just made a sacher torte for the library and realized how bored I was with pastry. Then I checked out this damn book.
Similarly, I also do not need any more cookbooks! However, they do continually call to me like sirens from the rocky shore.
I hope that you will fill us in as you do testing of various recipes, as I can't resist savory or baking!

Back