On another forum I read chatter about "chopped bread" recipes. Anybody familiar with "chopped bread"

LOL. Just when you thought you'd seen most everything....thanks, Moyn

This article says it is from 1994! How on Earth could I miss something this different? I love the concept of this and can tell I will be trying some recipes of my own. Thank you very much!

Cathy, we are like minds- - -up above in the frozen bread dough post I said the same thing, where

have I been since 1994 and not heard of this method?

I made these a number of year ago when they were in

the supermarkets.They have gone away--and reallydidn't hang around too long. I always wondered why.
I had more "involved" recipes, but I think the chopped bread needs to have a bit of a rise--30 minutes-- after the 'chopping" thing. I never got the best results that the supermarket types did--and believe me, I tried.

I'm not really sure I get the concept. You defrost frozen bread, then

chop into hunks of dough & mix with other stuff? Is this like monkey bread?

No, not really.

The bread comes out looking more like a foccacio--flat with vegetables or salami, etc. all mixed up in it. It is very good when it is done right. I have tried it in the past and as I said, I think it needs just a little time to rise again with the extra ingredients--like you would a foccacio. Otherwise the dough is very flat and ____--can't think of a proper description. But try it as is and adjust.

Back