Pomegranate juice? I have 3 bottles, bought on sale. They were destined for Pom Martinis, by my

Just drink it straight, it's REALLY good for you! Tons of antioxidants and...

it even helps fight cholesterol and un-clog artery walls. Google pomagranate juice and you'll find all kinds of interesting articles on it.

Bobby Flay's REC: Pomegranate Sauce...

Pomegranate Sauce

Recipe By :Bobby Flay

3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 medium Spanish onion -- finely diced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon whole black peppercorn
1 cup port wine
6 cups chicken stock
2 cups pomegranate juice -- (or substitute cranberry juice)
2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
Salt and freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoons chives -- finely chopped
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds

Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat and sweat the onion and garlic until the onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Add the peppercorns and cook another 3 minutes. Add the port and cook, stirring, until most most of it has evaporated. Add the stock, pomegranate juice, molasses and brown sugar, rasie the heat to medium-high, and reduce slowly to a sauce consistency. As the sugars caramelize, the sauce will trun brownish red. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and add chives and pomegranate seeds.

REC: Duck Breast in Pomegranate Sauce

I got this from a cooking class at a local restaurant.

Duck Breast in Pomegranate Sauce

Serves 6

6 duck breasts, boneless & skinless, seasoned with s & p
2 T. olive oil
2 T unsalted butter
2 C onions, thinly sliced
1 lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips
8 oz walnuts, toasted and ground fine
4 C pomegranate juice
1 tsp salt
2 T sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp saffron, dissolved in hot water
1 C pomegranate seeds (for garnish)
1/2 C parsley leaves (for garnish)

Method:

In a medium saucepan, heat butter. When it foams, add the onions and cook until caramelized. Add the butternut squash & cook for 3 -4 minutes. Add the walnuts, pomegranate juice, salt, sugar, cinnamon & saffron then cook for 30 - 40 minutes over low heat. Puree and adjust seasonings (you may need to thin this with a bit of chicken stock if it it too thick).

While the sauce cooks, in a non-stick pan, heat olive oil. Cook duck breasts, 8 minutes per side, until medium rare. Reserve, keeping warm.

Sauce with pomegranate sauce.

This dish was accompanied by barberry rice and herb souffle. Let me know if you are interested in either of those recipes, and I will post them.

I'll expect my health to improve next week. On the rocks, in a martini and over salmon. This sauce

sounds wonderful and we love salmon. And that looks like A LOT of sauce!!

Duck breast for the following week as my husband is not fond of fruit with his meat. I don't know if you have the time Lisa but the herb and rice souffle does sound interesting.

thank you all for posting.

Charlie, I have all the ingredients but the seeds. I presume they add only

an interesting crunch. I think that's another way of saying... I don't want to go out shopping today; it's about the coldest day of the year.

thank you for posting it. I can just imagine it with salmon.

Back