Rec for Mint, Lemon-Lime, and Green Iced Tea

richard-in-cincy

I made this over the weekend and couldn't stop drinking it it was so good...

I made a strong decoction using green tea, and dried spearmint and peppermint.

While that was steeping, I zested a lime and a lemon and brought it to a simmer and let it steep.

Squeeze the zested lime and lemon and add it to the pitcher along with the strained tea and citrus essence.

Sweeten to your liking and serve over ice with lime slices.

Amazing.

That looks good, Richard and a question

okay, you steep the green tea and mint. Then you zest the citrus and is it the zest or the actual lemon and lime fruits that you steep to add to the tea? I am confused. this looks lovely and I happen to have fresh mints in my garden right now.

nothing like clear instructions! : )

I guess I should go back over what I write!

There are three components:

--Brewed green tea and mint.
--citrus zest simmered and steeped to make a strong lemon-lime water (I did thin strips with a vegetable peeler).
--the juice from the zested lime and lemon.

This is a wonderful tea. I actually got the idea from the Thai restaurant in Kapa'a last February. They served me an iced tea with mint and a lime wedge. I liked the flavor combination and decided to experiment with it. Hope you like it!

no, I just got a regular iced tea...

but they garnished it with a sprig of mint and a lime wedge. I muddle the mint a bit into the tea and squeezed in the lime and I really liked the combo of mint, tea, and lime. Very refreshing. Let me know what you think.

Richard,, one simple question?? Why in h__l are you drinking>>>

ICED tea in Cincinnati in JANUARY??????? LOL

Because...

everywhere I go the thermostats are turned up so high that I'm always hot (except at my house which I keep on a 60-65F schedule). I can never wear sweaters in winter. It's odd, for example, my grandmother kept her house in the 80's during the winter, but in the summer, because it was "hot" outside, she kept it around 70. Go figure. Anyway, I drink Iced Tea by the gallons, year round. All those anti-oxidants don't you know ; )

Back