RECIPE: REC: Gingered Carrot Soup - I am addicted to this!

RECIPE:

lisainla

I had a lovely cream of carrot soup last week at a restaurant, and was trying to replicate it. This recipe is even better, and is in my keeper file.

Gingered Carrot Soup

by: Keller's Kitchen

Prep Time: Under 30 minutes

Yield: 6 serving(s

Instructions:

In saucepan, melt Plugrá® European Style Butter; stir in carrots and onion. Cook until tender. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer 15 minutes. In blender or food processor, puree until smooth. Serve immediately.

Ingredients

1/2 cup Plugrá® European Style Butter

2 pounds carrots, chopped

3/4 cup onion, chopped

4 cups chicken broth* (I used veggie broth)

3 cups heavy cream

2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate

1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger

1 teaspoon tarragon leaves

salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

In saucepan, melt Plugrá® European Style Butter; stir in carrots and onion. Cook until tender. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer 15 minutes. In blender or food processor, puree until smooth. Serve immediately.

http://www.kellerscreamery.com/showRecipes/recipesDetail.php?r=79

Oh thank you Lisa - I wanted to make a different carrot soup next week...

now I don't have to wing it and I'll try this one! it sounds so good. We're having some friends over for prime rib (it's on sale for $6 a pound!!) and I thought soup would be nice as a starter...

Plugrá butter?

I know that there's no way I'll find European butter in this hillbilly town, so I'll have to use the regular stuff. Should I make any adjustments to the recipe? This sounds wonderful.

Thanks!

Hi Friday - just get the best quality/freshest butter you can find -

I made this soup again using different ingredients than the first time I prepared it (baby carrots vs Rainbow carrots, store brand butter vs Plugra)- definitely not the same taste.

Use the sweetest carrots, also.

Back