RECIPE: REC: John Thorne's Chocolate Cake

RECIPE:

debbie_in_ga

It's in the oven now and thought I'd post it here.

Happy New Year!

Debbie in GA

============================

John Thorne's Chocolate Cake

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

1 box Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix1 small package instant chocolate pudding

1 package chocolate chips -- (12-oz.)

2 eggs

1 3/4 cups sour cream

Mix all ingredients together and turn into a buttered and floured (I usually spray with Pam--my note) Bundt pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes in a preheated 350º F. oven until cake springs back when pressed lightly. (A cake tester will still emerge sticky: this is a VERY moist cake.)

Source:

"John Thorne's Outlaw Cook via Ron in Worcester"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Mr. Thorne notes that this is one of those recipes that, whenever he prepares it, he's embarrassed when people ask for the recipe. I guess that I'm not that easily embarrassed. So what if it's easy to throw together and made up of mostly pre-processed ingredients? The end result in wonderful, and trust me when I tell you that you will not regret trying this recipe out. It has become a favorite among my family and friends. Enjoy! --Ron in Worcester

I made this for the office and it was a huge hit, and so easy. Question:

My batter was so very thick, I had to add about a half cup of water to loosen it a bit. Is the batter supposed to be very, very thick? It still came out lovely and moist and dense with the addition of the water. Just wondering if anyone else adds some liquid?

Back