RECIPE: Rec: Magnolia Bakery Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins

RECIPE:

miainmd

Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins from the More from Magnolia cookbook by Allysa Torey

MUFFIN

1 3/4 cup all purpose flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

1 - 8oz package of cream cheese, softened

1 stick unsalted butter, softened

1 cup sugar

2 large eggs, room temp

1/4 cup milk

1/2 tsp vanilla

TOPPING

1/2 cup raspberry preserves

GARNISH Confectioners' sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 9 large muffin cups. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, with the mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and beat well. Add dry ingredients in two parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them about half-full (recipe originally called for 2/3 full -- but mine really rose). Drop 3 small dollops (about a tsp. EACH) of raspberry preserves onto the top of each bun and using the tip of a very sharp knife, swirl the preserves into the batter, forming a decorative pattern. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cake tester comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes and sprinkle with sugar. ** I also did these in mini-muffin pans, used less preserves, swirled and they came out adorable. The raspberry and cream cheese are yummy together!

These also freeze well, if you have leftovers.

Can't wait to try these for my next catering job

I have breakfast and lunch for 5 days and always looking for different muffin recipes to try. These sound delicous.

Back