RECIPE: REC: Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Raspberry Chipotle Glaze

RECIPE:

ruthab

Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Raspberry Chipotle Glaze

by Jayni Carey - Free State Studios

2 whole pork tenderloins (2 - 2½ lb total)

salt

black pepper

1 - 2 T olive oil

1 - 2 T butter

½ c shallots, chopped (2 med)

1 c chicken broth

¼ c red raspberry jam

7 oz can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (use 1 or 2 chipotle

peppers, finely chopped + 1½-2 tsp adobe sauce)

Cut the pork tenderloin into 1” medallions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Heat 1 tablespoon each olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add half of the pork medallions (do not crowd) and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until browned. Turn the medallions over, reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes more or until desired doneness is achieved. Remove the pork medallions from the skillet to a platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining medallions, adding more oil and butter to the skillet if needed.

Add the chopped shallots to the skillet drippings and cook over medium heat, turning often, until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth, raise the heat to medium-high and simmer until the broth is reduced by half. Pour the mixture through a strainer to remove the shallots, then pour the liquid back into the skillet. Stir in the raspberry jam. Add the chopped chipotle pepper and adobo sauce, to taste. Stir until the glaze is thickened and bubbly, 1 to 2 minutes.

Return the pork medallions to the skillet and turn to coat with the glaze.

Serves 6.

Oh, how could anything not be wonderful if it has raspberries and chipotles!!! I'm going to put this

on the must try list! Thanks, Ruth!

Can the Raspberry Chipolte sauce that Costco sells be (m)

used in place of the jam and canned peppers, but
just prepare the medallions the same way?

Wow - that sounds wonderful! I've never seen it here...

but it sounds like it just might be a shortcut to this recipe. I'd check the ingredients listed on the can and go from there...

Back