1/3 cup oil
2/3 cup peeled zucchini, liquefied in blender
2 cups peeled zucchini, grated
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups flour
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Beat the eggs until foamy, add sugar slowly and beat. Add the oil, vanilla, zucchini and stir well. Add the dry ingredients and beat slowly, pour into two greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Bake in 325 degree oven for 50 minutes.

Blue Ribbon Winner Iowa State Fair - Judy Kinney
State Fair Blue Ribbon Winners
Rosemary and Peter Hanley

I have made this many times and had posted the recipe, but I cannot find it in the search so reposting it here again.

Morning cupcake...

Your original post is here!

I found it by using the
  • Search Button at the top menu
  • Selecting "Post content"
  • Typing "Garden Bread" (and I used quote marks)
  • by gayR
I'm going to test a few variations on that and see what the minimum data entry is.

Zucchini seque: I just watched a video where the cook cut slabs of zucchini, pounded each slice with a meat tenderizer (I haven't figured out that part yet), breaded it with bread crumbs and flour, THEN dipped in a grated cheese/egg/spice wet mix. Lightly pan fried. They looked so good. And I'm not even that crazy about zucchini. I'm gonna look up and see if I can find the video again.

Okay...I did a search again with just Post Content and "Garden Bread" and it also found it (God Bless you, Paul!), but it was much lower on the list. Not sure why. Adding your name reduced the return list of responses.

Alrighty...it looks like the quote marks did NOT limit the search, it was your name that did it.
I just reviewed the responses from the search about and it's posting everything with the word "garden" in it.
Not sure if it's possible to make a phrase specific search.

Morning cupcake...

I found it by using the
  • by gayR
I'm going to test a few variations on that and see what the minimum data entry is.

Zucchini seque: I just watched a video where the cook cut slabs of zucchini, pounded each slice with a meat tenderizer (I haven't figured out that part yet), breaded it with bread crumbs and flour, THEN dipped in a grated cheese/egg/spice wet mix. Lightly pan fried. They looked so good. And I'm not even that crazy about zucchini. I'm gonna look up and see if I can find the video again.
Morning cupcake...

I found it by using the
  • by gayR

Thank you Marilyn, I tried everything you mentioned and the original recipe still does not come up for me......

Several broken eat.at or finer kitchen links in that thread. Is there a way we can edit those to work as we run across them without having to send to Paul?

Back