Saturday six

mariadnoca

1. Planted Day of the dead marigold seeds in a couple of pots hoping they’ll be ready for Halloween, if not Thanksgiving.
  2. Stole some clipped fern fronds that were dumped in the street for compost pick up and made an arrangement out of it for the front walk. Because apparently I am that waste not, want not old lady.
  3. Cleaning porch and got free drop leaf table from side of road. I actually love it on the porch to drop groceries on before going inside. Easy to pull to yard for impromptu tea parties w neighborhood kids.
  4. Deep cleaned kitchen, so needed as all things kitchen have been lax since sick.
  5. Containers all over house catching every extra drip of water from shower, cooking, etc. it goes straight into garden. Lost several plants when I was too sick to water. Never been so dry I’d lost perennials till this year though.
  6. Making these lemon sugar cookies today Crinkly Crackly Lemon Sugar Cookies
How was your weekend? 😁

Attachments

• 2DDA5F26-1BAE-4D04-A50D-FA42D423C81A.jpeg
    2DDA5F26-1BAE-4D04-A50D-FA42D423C81A.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
ah, now see...I'd call you a DIY gardener. There are people who make money with blogs showing those kind of UpCycling. That drop leaf table is quite a find...even cooler that it was free.

Hope you are feeling better now. Are you on regular food yet? Or still no taste?

aw, why would someone not want that beauty of a fern? I've been a gardener for ... I guess ... 50 years now, and I get very attached. I still worry about my one garden of 37 lovely hybrid tea roses, each one planted by me, and if they are being properly cared for. Some day you must post a photo of tea with the kids. Sounds like fun!!

Food is still iffy. I can taste, but not well. I read it can take about 8 months to get full taste back. Mostly I’m still nauseated, but never know when it will hit and with what foods. Eggs are still completely a no go. Veggies don’t sit well. Just ate a chicken sandwich with avocado and apple though and it was delicious. So 🤷🏻‍♀️

Well, you tasted these alright. I just made 33. I added more zest and would add more again. What a strange cookie with all that oil and the dough rising in my hands as I'm rolling it out.
There are still a few left. Thank you for posting.
Sorry about that nausea. It can overtake everything.

Back