Some things dawn on me late…copy me that app

mariadnoca

I love using the copy me that app for recipes. 1) it’s free (though I do now use the paid version) 2) I like the layout better than paprika. Just today while looking at a recipe, I figured out if you tap an ingredient it highlights it. I knew this and didn’t put it together before. Before I just thought it was annoying. However, today the lightbulb went on and I realized as I added ingredients I could highlight it so I knew I’d already done that! Very helpful with old fart brain I have now! 💡

Oh I like the sound of that. I use the old method of........everything on one side of the counter..........once included it goes on the other side. Can't understand why that is not foolproof...........? (I think I put that in, didn't I?)

well, I can admit---from personal experience--that trying to prepare FOUR different recipes at the same time will almost ALWAYS result in something getting left behind.

Ya, let's DELETE that "almost".

Now if something could help with the did I only add 3 cups or 4 cups of flour?

(I ended up with the paid version of CMT so I didn’t have to scale recipes in my head anymore. Because wait, did I remember to double that?)

a little trick that laminated dough makers use to keep track of how many turns is to spread a bit of flour on counter and make a line with your finger each time you turn the dough. This is helpful because there is always a refrigerated period between each turn/roll step.

a little trick that laminated dough makers use to keep track of how many turns is to spread a bit of flour on counter and make a line with your finger each time you turn the dough. This is helpful because there is always a refrigerated period between each turn/roll step.
I remember when Julia Child was doing laminated dough, she's dimple the dough with the number of turns before she put it into the fridge.

I have been using CopyMeThat for years and love it, but I don't like trying to follow a recipe on my tablet as scrolling with messy fingers isn't fun.
I end up printing the recipe and if I already have a printed copy, then I'll write the scaled ingredient amounts in the margin.

Is there a way to follow a recipe on the computer without having to scroll? (I need a larger font for easy reading)

exactly...me too. I am actually often too lazy to go get whichever binder has the printed recipe in so continue to scroll with my knuckles.

ah...well, thanks to you two, I just researched my Macbook and found VOICE CONTROL in the Settings. You turn it on and then say out loud,
SCROLL DOWN. And it does.

That is the only test I've done so far, but it worked on the NYTimes website screen.

(Oh...I wonder what it is going to do when I start swearing???)

There were other Google links for Android devices but I didn't bother reading those.
Just Google something like this: is there a vocal command to tell macbook to scroll

good luck.

ah...well, thanks to you two, I just researched my Macbook and found VOICE CONTROL in the Settings. You turn it on and then say out loud,
SCROLL DOWN. And it does.

That is the only test I've done so far, but it worked on the NYTimes website screen.

(Oh...I wonder what it is going to do when I start swearing???)

There were other Google links for Android devices but I didn't bother reading those.
Just Google something like this: is there a vocal command to tell macbook to scroll

good luck.
No MacBook here, just a simple Chromebook. No voice controls. I guess I'll continue using printed copies of the recipes. I keep a stack of the ones most likely to be repeated in my kitchen so it does save a bit of paper.

No MacBook here, just a simple Chromebook. No voice controls. I guess I'll continue using printed copies of the recipes. I keep a stack of the ones most likely to be repeated in my kitchen so it does save a bit of paper.
Judy - I haven't used it in years but look under your settings for Accessibility then look for Interaction then Speech. Or similar settings. I don't have a Chromebook but I do use Windows and I bet Google's operating system has some similar settings.

I have been using CopyMeThat for years and love it, but I don't like trying to follow a recipe on my tablet as scrolling with messy fingers isn't fun.
I end up printing the recipe and if I already have a printed copy, then I'll write the scaled ingredient amounts in the margin.

Is there a way to follow a recipe on the computer without having to scroll? (I need a larger font for easy reading)
I’m using an iPad, so if I turn it vertical like a phone I don’t usually need to scroll.

Back