Thanksgiving for two: recipes, timeline, grocery list, and video

mariadnoca

I think large thanksgiving dinners with the family are over, nobody seems willing now the family has gotten so big (we are doing Christmas though). I haven’t decided if I’m going to make a turkey fest for myself or not, but others might. This is great all inclusive info for doing turkey day for just two.

It's the same for us, Maria. As the nieces and nephews are getting married, they all have to go elsewhere. We're doing the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I was told food-wise, anything but turkey. That was after I ordered an 18 lb turkey from the local farm as the original plan was for us to host ON Thanksgiving. Grrr...... trying to pull a menu together now.

So I actually had to look up what a turkey tenderloin was (this is what happens when meat isn't high on ones list). She is using a 12 oz tenderloin and that sounds great. I've considered turkey breasts at times, but even that is too much meat to be left over. The only thing missing is the gravy...which in my world is the Star of the Event.

However, I wonder if there are better tenderloins than Butterball? Once I had fresh turkeys, Butterballs just tasted like water-saturated meat.

This menu sounds very doable...thanks Maria. It won't work for me as I'll be leaving for PA the week after and want to leave behind a clean refrigerator. But I'll remember this post.

So I actually had to look up what a turkey tenderloin was (this is what happens when meat isn't high on ones list). She is using a 12 oz tenderloin and that sounds great. I've considered turkey breasts at times, but even that is too much meat to be left over. The only thing missing is the gravy...which in my world is the Star of the Event.

However, I wonder if there are better tenderloins than Butterball? Once I had fresh turkeys, Butterballs just tasted like water-saturated meat.

This menu sounds very doable...thanks Maria. It won't work for me as I'll be leaving for PA the week after and want to leave behind a clean refrigerator. But I'll remember this post.
Yeah, I thought about the missing gravy. I think somewhere here we have a make ahead gravy recipe though. I’d go to a butcher or Whole Foods, someplace like that to get the tenderloin.

It's the same for us, Maria. As the nieces and nephews are getting married, they all have to go elsewhere. We're doing the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I was told food-wise, anything but turkey. That was after I ordered an 18 lb turkey from the local farm as the original plan was for us to host ON Thanksgiving. Grrr...... trying to pull a menu together now.
Maybe you could make the turkey ahead for you, then use the rest for enchiladas on event day? In our house growing up, the tg turkey was always the thing you had to have, just to get enchiladas outta the deal. Enchiladas were the goal! 😁

Yeah, I thought about the missing gravy. I think somewhere here we have a make ahead gravy recipe though. I’d go to a butcher or Whole Foods, someplace like that to get the tenderloin.
Here's a link to a thread that contains the make ahead gravy recipe. I'll be making it tonight. :) Keep scrolling past the CI link to recipe pasted beneath, if you're not a subscriber. Turkey parts work well if you don't have a whole turkey.

Back