This video makes me yearn (even more) for a big kitchen again. I am fascinated by molecular gastronomy.

Marg CDN

I am particularly intrigued by saffron 'pasta'.

We were in Barcelona one time, you know Barcelona where the concierge says it NEVER snows. This was 25 years ago. Besides introducing my husband to the works of Gaudi, our mission was to enjoy el Bulli. The restaurant is in the hills, also where it never snows. We gave up our reservation that was 3 months old, because of course .......... it snowed. Now I could have driven, but had no car; I'm not sure if snow tires are a known entity there. Spanish taxi drivers, from Barcelona, where it never snows, were too much of a risk. One of my lasting regrets.

Marg, our Asheville restaurant Curate is owned/run by Katie Button and her husband, both of whom worked at el Bulli. I've made three of her recipes and all were wonderful.

I checked it out. Looks like a place I'd like to eat.

oooooooooooooh I do love eating.

What 3 recipes did you make? Just the names. Did they involve some odd preparations?

I’ve yearned for a big kitchen all my life, lol. At least one with lots of counter run that is. Seems like a rare commodity in most of the re listings I’ve perused. This girl just wants a nice run of prep space!

Back