Too much scrolling? I see that the top several posts are never replied to...

mimi

It is annoying me that I have to scroll so far down to the bottom of the page to see the newest posts. I'm thinking that to eliminate so much scrolling I could make each page have 50 posts instead of 75. It was originally 50, and then I changed it to 75!

Anyone have any strong feelings about this?

Actually, it works well for me....more

I just hit the "end" button on my computer and the page jumps to the end. So then I just read back up and when I get to the top, I know I have read everything I'm interested in and I click the "mark read" button on the top. Then I know what is new when I come back. Love that option.

Mimi, either way is A Okay...I love how active this forum is, and love going through the post ...

even a few days later. I look forward to my time here, 'tis 'my' time.
Hugs j

Like Orchid I also use the "end" button and read back up. However, ...

because I am only on dialup, it takes some time for the whole page to load, so I need to wait about 15 seconds until I can use "end". (Multiply by each time I return to the main page after reading a post.) A shorter page would be helpful for this, but I can certainly live with things the way they are now.

Ditto on the "mark read" - absolutely love it. For some reason my PC in inconsistent in keeping the text khaki coloured - sometimes lasts a couple of days others a couple of hours - so this feature is very helpful to me.

Thanks for asking ((Mimi)) you're doing such a great job!

Not too much scrolling for me. I like seeing a lot but then again I don't have dial-up. Also like...

glancing at stuff I may have read once, but not printed yet, and often times what I don't see (on subsequent pages) goes right outa my head.

But either way. The "mark read" function makes it easy to zip on by what we have already seen, so the excess wording only helps me (in case I have forgotten something), not frustrates me. Thanks for asking.

I agree, not too much scrolling >>

the page contains about a week's worth of posts, which I think is a good amount. I also like the "mark read" feature so I can zip through looking for anything new.

I just came to this forum today from the epicurious swap and

all though I don't have an issue with the format here or epicurious. I find that there is too much scrolling. I would like to see the most current post on top.

Either way - I drag the scroll bar to the bottom with the mouse in microseconds and work my way

back to the top. smileys/wink.gif

Love this forum!

Back