RECIPE: Tried nlb's REC: Christmas Ham with Bacardi Rum Raisin Sauce & it was wonderful--even for New Years.

RECIPE:

charlie

I couldn't find a small (5-7 lb bone-in) so used a 5 lb boneless and it took a lot longer to cook than the 1 1/2 hours to reach 140 internal. I added more cider to the pan whenever the pan juices neared drying.

Christmas Ham with Bacardi Rum Raisin Sauce

Serving Size : 12

1 cup dark raisins

1 1/2 cups 80 Proof Bacardi Amber Rum

5 pounds ham, fully cooked bone-in -- (5 to 7 pounds)

1/3 cup Dijon-style mustard

1 cup packed dark brown sugar

2 cups apple cider

In bowl, combine raisins and 1 cup rum. Soak 2 hours. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place ham, fat side up, in roasting pan. Score fat in diamond pattern cutting at 1 inch intervals. Rub ham with mustard and pat with brown sugar. Add raisin/rum mixture and apple cider to bottom of pan. Bake 1 1/2 hours, basting every 20 minutes. Remove ham and skim grease from pan juices. Pour juices into saucepan. Cook over medium high heat about 15 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup rum and heat. Pour into sauce boat.

Charlie, this sounds devine, thanks for posting. Whatever happened to nlb??, miss the posts.....

happy New Year and big hugs to you both.J

I miss nlb terribly! Wherever she is, I hope she is well and happy!

She was such an asset to the Swap! Her recipes could always be counted on to be WONDERFUL!

((((nlb)))))

Back