well, went and stuck my foot where my mouth is. I'd mentioned how I'd love

Thanks for all of these great ideas. Party is put on hold until I get my face back to human form.

I've been tackling an insidious invasive plant on my property: multiflora rose...which can grow 25 FOOT branches and has THORNS every half inch. I know this because most of them poked me thought my leather gloves, heavy top and two-layer pants.

They were imported from Japan at the turn of the century to be used as natural pasture fencing. It went crazy and now seeds itself everywhere. It's like Kudzu, but with thorns.

Rat bastards.

I've been treating it with a chemical safe for humans and animals (designed for pastures), which kills the branch, but unfortunately not the thorns. Then I'm pulling them out by the roots and burning the suckers.

Apparently, this past weekend, it decided to fight back and poke me in the face, which swelled up like a balloon. I had lumps the size of eggs over my eye, on the inside of my eye and below my eye.

Doctor said it was a bacterial issue from the thorns and has me on antibiotics. I'm staying home until face is back to normal because I was scaring small children and animals.

I'll keep the recipe ideas for the next time these part-time neighbors are up here.

Thanks again.

I

My sister still lives in the house we grew up in, and until a couple years ago it had a huge thorny bois d’arc tree. Those thorns caused several cases of cellulitis in our family.

Back