...and bless Paul (again) for that search engine because I DID find my old recipe (2009): Roman Gnocchi

marilynfl

I knew it was a recipe from a huge Italian cookbook I bought in Vancouver but had searched polenta and Mambo Italiano without results. Turns out I was using the phrase "eat Italian...you rapscallion." Sometimes I don't even know where my brain goes.

But today I thought about trying semolina plus marilyn and voila!

So here is the recipe...again. Another post talks about how I ended up making three meals from the original batch.
Sadly the only thing that didn't come through were the photos, but now that I have the data, I may be able to dig them up on my old computer.

Last edited:
and I am thrilled to know that I don't have to roll them on the little board or fork and all that work. I have never heard of this Roman variation. This is most exciting.

Will make this next week. Gracie.

BTW singular is gnocco. Pronouncing the c's in Italian is the only bear in the language. My favourite; such a beautiful language. Goes well with the food.

I knew it was a recipe from a huge Italian cookbook I bought in Vancouver but had searched polenta and Mambo Italiano without results. Turns out I was using the phrase "eat Italian...you rapscallion." Sometimes I don't even know where my brain goes.

But today I thought about trying semolina plus marilyn and voila!

So here is the recipe...again. Another post talks about how I ended up making three meals from the original batch.
Sadly the only thing that didn't come through were the photos, but now that I have the data, I may be able to dig them up on my old computer.

Here's another way to form them--from a NYTimes post

Just learned an easy way to form gnocchi slices. After cooking semolina in milk & adding all ingredients, put dough-like mass on parchment paper & manipulate the paper & bring in edges so dough forms into a 2" wide log. Chill log so you can cut thumb-thick slices. Then arrange slices in a pan and cover with tomato sauce, then mozzarella pieces and cook in the oven 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Great comfort food!

Back