ISO: Anyone have ANY idea what this is?

In Search Of:

marilynfl

1677676227189.jpeg
A friend is clearing out deceased relatives home and this was in box with tons of kitchen utensils. Relative died recently at age 90, so she would have been hosting parties in the 60s and 70s.

I suggested it might be a container for the uppers 💊 and downers 💊 served during that time period at home parties.

I’m probably wrong.

There was also this:
1677676608803.jpeg

I'm thinking a vinegar and oil set. Maybe there was even some glass inserts that sat in the silver bulbs. The other thing is how the spatula looked after they took some of those 60s drugs.

here's an example of what I was thinking. Different style but same concept:

Last edited:
Do you use it for lowering into the oil--and then releasing the piece? I assume for fish? Other?

Yes, for fish. The need to be gentle. Could be not just frying, but poaching as well. It seems they are always quite curved.

Anyone ever have fin and haddie? Poached smoked something....haddock? in milk. some of these old mom's makings are never seen again.

Yes, for fish. The need to be gentle. Could be not just frying, but poaching as well. It seems they are always quite curved.

Anyone ever have fin and haddie? Poached smoked something....haddock? in milk. some of these old mom's makings are never seen again.
Fin and haddie was our Christmas Eve dinner in our house. I always loved it. I’m not a huge fan of cream sauces but this I love.
My mom also made Swedish pancakes with lingonberry sauce. I do have recipes for these if you need one.

Fin and haddie was our Christmas Eve dinner in our house. I always loved it. I’m not a huge fan of cream sauces but this I love.
My mom also made Swedish pancakes with lingonberry sauce. I do have recipes for these if you need one.
If you are referring to the recipe for fin and haddie, I'd love to see that. I live on the ocean (it's right across the street) and I feel guilty not eating more as we get so much fish here. One of the best fish stores in the country is 2 blocks away....doesn't mean that the fish is affordable unfortunately....so fish is very available and I just discovered they have smoked cod. I'd love to try the milk poaching method.

I miss smoked fish so much! It's hard to find in Florida and so expensive when one finds it. I think what you're referring to is finnan haddie. I wasn't very fond of smoked haddock poached in milk as a child, but I'd love to have some now.

I'm thinking a vinegar and oil set. Maybe there was even some glass inserts that sat in the silver bulbs. The other thing is how the spatula looked after they took some of those 60s drugs.

here's an example of what I was thinking. Different style but same concept:
Good to see you Paul!

Back