ISO: ISO savory shippable food gift recipes. Family would prefer less sweets.

In Search Of:
Lots of good nuts and olives and oils or vinegars in Ca. Any local herb mixes or rubs or jars of

tapenade or pestos. Some nice nut recipes in our Appetizer forum. Send some pink peppercorns with the feta dip recipe. Or a pesto with the torte appetizer recipe. Sylvias sundried tomato pesto sounds really good. Send a nice jar of tomatoes and that recipe. Local crackers. Hadleys fruits and nuts has wonderful licorice.

Oh my sister does not cook or do recipes ingredients/recipes will be lost on her

This is why I have to send things I made. Any “gourmet” premade food will also be lost on her, (and might be considered snooty - did I mention she’s difficult?) so I don’t want to waste my money. It’s *gotta* be finished homemade I can ship without paying for overnighting. Because otherwise I’ll hear about it and I’d rather not or at least limit it.

If I make something it might be tried, though not always (the jam I made sat unopened -I found she took the ones I sent mom to her house). When I said difficult, did I mention unmedicated bipolar? My sister basically lives on sautéed veggies and brown rice...and sweets that she claims to not eat. Sugar bad! She is always on some health kick.

You might ask why I bother. It’s because the rest of the family will benefit and because mom left me a note to carry the tradition on. So...tradition. And the the kids expect it. It’s what makes it Christmas there.

Good luck. I am very upset because Kalyustan's, which sold large pieces of glace citron, no longer

stocks it. The little pieces of candied citron in the supermarket tubs aren't worth the money.

I think this is the recipe--Yes! It's really good--thank you Karen

And that maple bacon recipe on the same page looks terrific!

That's just how I was picturing it packaged up. Perfect description, Mar smileys/smile.gif

Back