ISO: Just got a heart shaped muffin pan - ISO your favorite muffin recipes 2 bring 2 work...

In Search Of:
Repost of Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins -- the swirl of red is so pretty for valentine's day!

I'm serving these for Valentine's Day breakfast for the family!

Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins from the More from Magnolia cookbook by Allysa Torey

MUFFIN

1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 - 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs, room temp
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

TOPPING
1/2 cup raspberry preserves

GARNISH Confectioners' sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 9 large muffin cups. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, with the mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and beat well. Add dry ingredients in two parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them about half-full (recipe originally called for 2/3 full -- but mine really rose). Drop 3 small dollops (about a tsp. EACH) of raspberry preserves onto the top of each bun and using the tip of a very sharp knife, swirl the preserves into the batter, forming a decorative pattern. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cake tester comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes and sprinkle with sugar.

** I also did these in mini-muffin pans, used less preserves, swirled and they came out adorable. The raspberry and cream cheese are yummy together!

These do all sound wonderful! Now only to chose!!! (but don't let that stop you from posting smileys/wink.gif

Thank YOU!

Steve - where do you find the Cranberries this time of year?

I looked around and couldn't even find frozen. I do have some of the dried - or anything else you'd suggest to sub?

These muffins are excellent...>>

and I love how stretch-able the recipe is... I ended up adding a lot more apple and some chopped dried dates, but no applesauce, and things turned out fine.
I also added some streusel on top...in case things were getting too healthy... smileys/wink.gif
Thanks for the great recipe!

She wouldn't mind at all. REC: Mini Orange, Cardamom and Dried Cranberry Oat Scones

Mini Orange, Cardamom and Dried Cranberry Oat Scones

1-3/4 cups ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
1/3 cup granulated WHITE SUGAR
1/2 tsp SALT
3/4 tsp BAKING SODA
1 tsp BAKING POWDER
1/2 cup (1 stick) UNSALTED BUTTER, grated into flour
1 Tbsp CARDAMOM
3/4 cup OLD-FASHIONED ROLLED OATS
1/2 cup DRIED CRANBERRIES(orange-cranberries if available)
ZEST OF ONE ORANGE
l cup BUTTERMILK
1 tsp PURE ORANGE OIL (or extract, Gran Marnier, Triple Sec)

1 Tbsp (or so) HEAVY CREAM
TURBINADO SUGAR

Preheat the oven to 375° F and place rack in center of oven. Line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl place the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cardamom and whisk to combine. Add the butter and using two knives or a pastry blender cut in the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. (I've seen good results using the whisk attachment on my Kitchen Aid mixer). Add the rolled oats, dried cranberries and zest. Mix until combined.

In a small measuring cup stir together the buttermilk and orange oil. Add this to the flour mixture and stir just until the dough comes together.

Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead dough gently four or five times and then pat the dough into a circle that is 7 inches round and about 1-1/2 inches thick. Cut into approximately 1-1/2" inch rounds with a cookie cutter. Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops of the scones with some cream. Sprinkle with a little sugar (if desired).

Bake for about 15 - 18 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Makes 12-13 round scones.

Maria, while this recipe calls for dried cranberries (fresh from Trader Joe's) > > >

Every holiday season, I throw a few bags of fresh cranberries in the freezer for use in non-cranberry season. They keep perfectly and are usable right out of the bag. Somebody gave me the tip years ago and I have always remembered it.

Cathy took your advice and didn't even wipe them with oil...

Everything turned out fantastic! I was so amazed at how easy it was to make chocolates especially. Everyone at work raved as to how pretty everything was -- I couldn't believe how easy the pans were to use! Thanks for the great info!

Rec: Carrot Muffins

Carrot Muffins

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 pound carrots
1/2 cup pecans (walnuts work too)
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
3 large eggs
1 cup corn oil (I used a scant cup of canola)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 Granny Smith apple

Preheat oven to 350̊F. and oil eighteen 1/2-cup muffin cups.

Into a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and whisk in sugar. Coarsely shred enough carrots to measure 2 cups and chop pecans. Add shredded carrots and pecans to flour mixture with raisins and coconut and toss well.

In a bowl whisk together eggs, oil, and vanilla. Peel and core apple and coarsely shred. Stir shredded apple into egg mixture and add to flour mixture, stirring until batter is just combined well. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling them three fourths full, and bake in middle of oven until puffed and a tester comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes.

Cool muffins in cups on racks 5 minutes before turning out onto racks to cool completely. Muffins keep in an airtight container at room temperature 5 days.

Makes 18 muffins.

Gourmet, May 1998
You Asked For It; Pinehurst Resort & Country Club, North Carolina

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/15101

Back