OK Need some help here>>>>> long..

Hi Gayle..

I am thinking that next year I will be "busy" no matter what date they plan. It's just gotten to be too much for me, and the people that they invite are not my friends, so I feel no obligation to them to continue with this.
Right now we are very worried about DJ, we have not heard from him since the 15th. The last I heard from him was the 10th when he was on CQ duty and had time to chat for a while, the last person to hear from him was my brother via E-mail on the 15th. His girlfriend talked to him on the 14th and since then, there has been no word. So at this point we don't know what is going on and we are all pretty nervous and upset.
It's been very hard. We had hoped that we would have a phone call on Christmas, but that didn't happen and again on New Years there was nothing.
Every day I hear from one member of my family or another asking if I have any word of him. Everyone tells me that he is fine, but this is the longest we have ever been without hearing from him.
Thanks for thinking of him.
marg

Oh, Marge....

My heart goes out to you! As a mother, I can imagine how nervous you must feel. But, I'll just bet that he's on some secret mission and you'll be hearing from him before long. If anything were wrong, you would have heard, so that's a good thing to remember!

My friend's son was in Desert Storm and she went though your anxiety a number of times. Sometimes they don't let them make contact for fear of 'letting something slip', I hear.

My prayers do go with you, Marge. My 19 year old (only) brother was killed in a car wreck in 1969 and I have this 'feeling' for everyone's son's about that age. Guess it's good - keeps them in my prayers.

(((hugs)))

Gayle

Oh Marg I'm so proud >>>

If they hate the rye you can pass all the blame onto me! "He SWORE the rye would work and he said he LOVES liverwurst..."

Would slipping the almonds into the tuna be pushing your luck? Maybe you could do two tuna sandwiches, one platter plain on white bread and another on little buns with almonds, celery etc. Oh wait, what will happen when the newfangled high-falutin' ones go first? Never mind. Too risky. Be careful!

Liverwurst

Hi, I'd just say No, but for now---I may be a minority of one but I love liverwurst. You can take the curse off by mashing it up with a touch of mustard and chopped pickle (you can do this all in a blender or food processor), bind with a little mayonnaise and spread on those tiny rye bread slices. I remember this from my very fist cooking lessons in the 6th grade--many moons ago. Try it, you may like it.

Marg, maybe you could sneak a bowl of camponata or some other spread

next to the caramelized onions and a basket of "leftover" rye rounds, so as not to "waste" the extra bread? I would set out a festive vessel of green onions as well---love green onions with liverwurst or sandwiches in general, but maybe they have a problem with onions in general. Wouldn't a nice big platter of cold grilled veggies with viniagrette be yummy---but they would most likely say no. Can't wait to hear about it!

Marg, I don't mean to get in the middle of a...

family situation, but why on earth would they ask for your help ("they asked me to go over there yesterday to plan the menu") and then fight you all the way?

You're too nice! Hugs and good luck, try and have fun, and let them hire a caterer next year ;o)

Well that sure would finalize the plans!! How are you dear old friend????>>

I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering where you've been keeping yourself.
((hugs))
marg

Back