RECIPE: REC: Potato-Mushroom Casserole.

RECIPE:

wigs

I've tasted (it's delicious!) and just got the recipe yesterday from my friend, Susan Adler (all notes are Susan's)==>

Here's the recipe for potato/mushroom casserole:

8-10 potatoes, thinly sliced (I use Cuisinart). If you use new potatoes, add a few more.

2 8-oz. boxes of Baby Bella mushrooms, thinly sliced

16-oz. brie cheese, rind removed and cheese cut into small cubes

3 T. butter (1 T. softened and 2 T. melted)

2 cloves garlic, pressed

2 C. cream

Salt and pepper

A couple handfuls of freshly grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 - 3/4 C. gluten-free or regular bread crumbs

Fresh Italian parsley, snipped small

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a 9x12 baking dish with the softened butter. Whisk together the cream, melted butter, and garlic. Layer some potato slices, mushroom slices, Brie cubes, salt and pepper, and spoon a little of the cream mixture over the layer; repeat layers (sort of like making a lasagne). End by pouring the final bit of the cream mixture over top layer. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Bake uncovered for an additional 30 minutes or until top is golden. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.

If I take this to a pitch-in, I usually take along a sign stating it's a potato/mushroom casserole. Otherwise it just looks like dirty potatoes!!

NOTE: The temp as stated in recipe (425 degrees F) is too high. I bake at 375 degrees.

Back