Which vanilla beans do you like best? Tahitian or Madagascar, long or short (or no difference)?

Hi Cyn...

I prefer the Madagascar for flavor, the Tahitian tend to be plumper (in my experience), but I've found that unless you're making something where the vanilla seeds essentially remain 'raw' (say, some filled chocolates) that in baked products there's not much to distinguish them after the baking (at least, 99% of people don't seem to be aware of a taste difference).

I've done that too & one tip...

Search regularly for awhile, new deals come up, and what you see in the moment isn't always the cheapest price. I got a few favorite magazines for $2.50 or $3.25 for a year, one with no shipping included, read the fine print and beware offers with high shipping charges. BTW, you can renew subscriptions this way!

Also, if you don't want the clutter, try your local library. I looked through my magazines, with an eagle eye, for a couple months and it turned out there was sooo little information I wanted to keep. Now, only those that hold the most info for me do I bother to subscribe to.

Back