Broken Link Bounty Hunters (Posts needing link fixes)

so I see your fix and it is working properly. If you see something else it may be a cache in your browser. I do see however that two messages down in that thread there is another broken finerkitchens link. You want me to fix that?

No, I'll work those. I'm going to keep a running log to see if there is any pattern I can discern.
Just wanted to make sure I wasn't embedding some Chinese hacker.

Are we doing anything about missing photos? (some are photobucket, some are Finer Kitchen, etc)
OK send me some examples and I'll figure out a method. We have all of the photobucket photos that were in the shared finerkitchens account.

This post has some odd characters in the text that Colleen wrote. The source material is there so I can correct the text, but wasn’t sure if you want to be notified if we find these little quirks.

OK send me some examples and I'll figure out a method. We have all of the photobucket photos that were in the shared finerkitchens account.
This post has some odd characters in the text that Colleen wrote. The source material is there so I can correct the text, but wasn’t sure if you want to be notified if we find these little quirks.

You can notify me any time you feel it appropriate. There is also a "Report" link under every post. Feel free to fix as you see fit and that is much appreciated. Unfortunately these posts with the weird characters were a result of several "fixes" over the years to the original Recipe Swap forum. It won't happen on any new content and I actually fixed a lot of these already but in a few hundred thousand posts some snuck through the cracks.

You can notify me any time you feel it appropriate. There is also a "Report" link under every post. Feel free to fix as you see fit and that is much appreciated. Unfortunately these posts with the weird characters were a result of several "fixes" over the years to the original Recipe Swap forum. It won't happen on any new content and I actually fixed a lot of these already but in a few hundred thousand posts some snuck through the cracks.
Gotcha. I'll fix the post characters.

Marilyn, You might want to start with your gingerbread house photos. Those are lovely, fun and we miss them.

As far as weird numbers/etc edits, I’ve just been fixing as I see them, if there is an original source to go by. FYI, I’m assuming we can’t edit a subject line. I tried with the curry/coconut post, but I don’t think we could before either (can’t recall).

Marilyn, You might want to start with your gingerbread house photos. Those are lovely, fun and we miss them.

As far as weird numbers/etc edits, I’ve just been fixing as I see them, if there is an original source to go by. FYI, I’m assuming we can’t edit a subject line. I tried with the curry/coconut post, but I don’t think we could before either (can’t recall).
oh...I didn't realize they were gone. I've just been randomly finding missing stuff. Thanks for the heads-up.

for the photobucket photos as well as ongoing creating of media galleries/photo albums, I've setup a new system you can see it in the main menu(s) "Media". I haven't worked out the import yet into this new system but it will get done. But the new system will also grow automatically as members add media.

I'm having to recreate the album structure manually so it is a little time consuming but you can see my progress now going into the Media section and there is a category dedicated to all the previous photobucket images. The structure is exactly the same as it was on photobucket in terms of how the images were organized. Only the "MISC" is different because I had to have a place to put all of the images that were not in an album. On a regular sized screen like a laptop or desktop the navigation will be on the left with the full structure:

1663022347803.png

Sorry to have been out of pocket with this task. I working on my mid-term for the master gardener class and forgot HOW MUCH I HATE TESTS!

Anyway, I thought I'd jump in at the end of the T&T section and was reviewing the stupidly simple forum.
There is one from 2006 which is just a question about a recipe...I think it was just posted in the wrong spot. But I'm not sure how to delete this entry.

ISO Joe- I am planning on making your SS Soy Chicken. Do you​

Sorry to have been out of pocket with this task. I working on my mid-term for the master gardener class and forgot HOW MUCH I HATE TESTS!

Anyway, I thought I'd jump in at the end of the T&T section and was reviewing the stupidly simple forum.
There is one from 2006 which is just a question about a recipe...I think it was just posted in the wrong spot. But I'm not sure how to delete this entry.

ISO Joe- I am planning on making your SS Soy Chicken. Do you​

@marilynfl for something like this where it is just one post in the wrong place, click the little dropdown caret and then "Move Thread". Select the "Destination forum" which will be The Recipe Swap. Then click the Save button. Voila!

The process for moving a single message From one Thread to another Thread is different. So don't use "Move Thread" for that.

1663600702863.png

So in things that make me go hummm 🧐

This post seems to have turned a photo into a link:

and in this post the photo is mentioned so I guess was there at some point, but appears to be gone:

The question is, I wonder what happened and is there a way to avoid going forward? Given these both happen to be posted by me, I can update them to restore photos.

So in things that make me go hummm 🧐

This post seems to have turned a photo into a link:

and in this post the photo is mentioned so I guess was there at some point, but appears to be gone:

The question is, I wonder what happened and is there a way to avoid going forward? Given these both happen to be posted by me, I can update them to restore photos.
OK in my early morning, only a 1/4 way into my first cup, it took me a while to understand what you mean. (and apparently forgot to post this a few hours ago when I wrote it!). I got it. That photo was from when we had an intermediary solution for the photo uploading. I just looked and there are more than I thought: 278. So these photos I forgot to import into the new media gallery. I'm pretty sure that I can figure out a programmatic way to fix these particular images so that they won't need to be manually updated.

Also, are you still having problems with the Approval Queue for new photos?

The Miscellaneous links in Tried & True have all been confirmed and/or corrected. Working on Sandwich next.
Sandwich Recipes are completed.

Back