RECIPE: REC: Poached Peaches with Raspberry Sauce. We served this after cassoulet on Friday....

RECIPE:
It's real French rosé. So good on a hot day. Those free winery glasses don't do it justice.

I wish I knew how to photoshop the logos out.

WOW, is that a gorgeous scene!! I love nightime outdoor parties, thanks for posting smileys/smile.gif

Joe, don't you want...

to try it first...I often feel that while dishes work here they may not turn out quite as well when tried over there.
How ever I know this menu works here and in the UK and in Hawaii as it has been done in all 3 places.

No, Joanie, I want you to post it today. The "T&T's" are for recipes that several of us have tried,

As I understand it, the Menu section is more for ideas and inspiration. I love reading other people's menus there.

So please post it right now.

Thanks, Mo, and Barbara, there's no bravery required. I wish I could convince you all that cassoulet

is easy.

It takes a chunk of time for sure, but it's mostly unattended simmering leaving you free to do all the other things for your dinner. And now that you can order duck confit ready-made, that's one big step you can skip.

It's also easy to serve. Just plunk it on the table. No garnish, no last minute sauce, no side dishes except salad and bread.

Easy easy easy!

Our Costco just got a big shipment of that real French rose, and it's just 9.99/btl and VERY good.

Not sweet at all, just pleasant with a light meal. I bought 10 bottles and was hoping no one from work would see me. teehee.
And I thought those winery glasses were ever so fun to set the table with.

Those menus really help me, and I don't care who posts or how many times if it helps. Wine pairings

too would be helpful.

Uh Oh. How are you going about it? I could paste it in for you. I promise not to take credit.

Joanie, have you tried typing your post in Word, then copy and paste here. If you lose the post

you still have the word document to copy again.

Rose is hot right now. I see articles about it, and they all announce that the stigma of pink wine

is over. There is no comparison to the sweet white zinfandel that was so popular a few years ago. And it's not just the French making good roses these days.

So display those bottles proudly in the top of your shopping cart, LOL.

I think I've done it...

the connection here is wireless and it keeps going down and then making me restart to get online again......my DH has also been growling on his pc...OH! Boy!
So difficult when trying to work never mind play.

I remember meeting a French vinter in the S of France 25 years ago. He was almost an exclusive

as far as the production of roses. He found it so frustrating that N. Americans just didn't understand the value of a fine rose. His was superb but so were a couple of his others. (and his wife was a great cook) But in fact, the French did not seem to fully appreciate them then either.

We've been buying them since then but I do believe that his is still the best, and one of the most expensive. Good for him. He sure waited long enough.

You can get really decent ones in the region for $3 a bottle. Ya just can't afford not to drink there.

AngK...wrote a long bit on pairing but it pissaddeared.....

in brief....I mainly drink white or rose... my sprogs love red as do friends....We buy by the case and I would offer whatever I have in the cellar (big name for a cupboard here on island...)..and that could be a white Mouton Cadet, Sancerre, Pinot Grigio (I like them all), Pouilly Fume or Fusse, Cote de Provence, Pampalone, etc...
The sprogs have a case of Spanish Roja they are enjoying this week and I am having my favourite of all time, a Blanc de Noir from Boschendal Estate in South Africa...I'm the wrong person to truly do a wonderful pairing as I will drink white or rose with red meat too.
And to throw the hatchet in here we often add ice to our wine in these warm climates!

Wait, you're not talking about Lucien and Lulu Peyraud of Tempier Vineyards are you?

If so, I agree Tempier is the best.

I only know their story through Lulu's cookbook.

Back