Tip to keep bacon on hand in small quantities to add flavor to dishes

My favourites....

plastic offset spatula, great for crepe-flipping as well.
miscellaneous spice grinders that can be left filled.
non-stick tart pans, this site has some dandies.
pizza wheel, has many functions.
zig-zagged paring knife to cut carrots, etc.
superb sea salt, grey from the Guerande is my favourite
less common oils...hazelnut, pistachio,
less common vinegars...pear, fig
tomato and peach peeler
unusual size & shape spring-form pans
removable-bottom quiche pan
tiny whisk for vinaigrettes, many wires but so small

And definitely, the microplane and refillable oil pumps.

carianna-in-wa

ooooh, auto swear word bleeping! somehow the stars make it look worse than the original word!

I promise it was nothing too vile... just a stronger version of darn.

Another thought...

After my mom died her rolling pin (red one from her newlywed days in 1950) meant sooo much to me! I remember standing on a chair at the counter rolling pie crusts out in the house we lived in when I was 4. I have hers, and her mom's green one, also.

Call me sentimental! smileys/wink.gif

For Xmas got her new lasagna, cake, and brownie pans...

that have snap on lids and built in baking handles. It was a set of 3 sizes. She called to tell me how great it would be now that she can take pretty new pans that were easy to transport b/c of the handles to her potlucks!

W-S has a set of...

2 small long handled silicone spatulas that I recently bought for $12. I use them all the time. They're great for scraping out the inside of soup cans, or small jars.

Thanks for all the suggestions! She has a lot of these...

that's what I get for trying to one-up the pro, I guess. But there's a couple things I hadn't thought of.

Mimi's swap to the rescue!

We keep the old stuff for sentimental reasons but, it gets demoted..

I use to let DH use the old baking sheets for junk like forzen pizza rolls and stuff he liked to snack on.

I like my little portable timer - when baking, I set it - put it in my pocket and can leave the room

When it beeps I know I have to get back to the kitchen.

Boy, all new baking equipment is a really great idea!

I'm storing this one away for my mother. She's used the same stuff since 1960-God-Knows-When. She still only uses those whisks that you can squish straight down flat and refuses to use tongs.

I think I'd love to not only replace with all new but then enlist my Dad to get rid of the old!

Microplanes!!!

I bought my first one a few years ago. I LOVE it! Hubby has since bought a couple more, his favorite being the ribbon grater. What a cool gadget...and not too expensive either.

Garlic Press...I love the Pampered Chef one...

that I have because it's so easy to clean...of course, you'd need to shop for one that you can buy right now, I understand. Maybe someone can recommend another good brand for you; I use mine almost every night.

Back