Hi all. I thought it might be nice to start a sort of "indroduction" thread

Yeah, post it at Neener's!

I don't have any kind of facility for uploading documents or photos, and she does. I think that photo album of hers is the greatest. Someday I'll get a "Links" thing going and link to it. NO promises though, I've got enough on my plate! ;o)

LOL Friday!

The beer we do lives after us, don't it?
Fortunately, these days I have better taste in brews....(like Rich's)

Richard in Cincy--5 posts younger than Sandra in London : )

As I'm sure most of you know, I've been around since the first week at Gail's. I organized the Group Project and Holiday Cookie Swap there (and got Epi kicking and screaming to create places for them). After repeated requests, I finally convinced Epi that they needed to add the chat room after I created one for the Gail's regulars at another Web site. They quickly implemented one and came over to herd us all back. And lastly, I was in attendance at the first meeting of Gail's Swapizens held in Chicago in March 1996.

Greetings! I’m formerly Sandy/PA and I’m very grateful for this new home of ours. (m)

As a swapper at Gail’s since November of 2004, I loved the camaraderie, laughter, and of course the recipes and interesting foodie talk that we all shared.

I’ve been on a “Spice Route” and love to experiment with all kinds of cuisine and things to make.

I hope we can all be one big happy family here!

intro--Ella/TO

Hello everyone. Ella from Toronto, Ontario here.
I'm a wife, mom and grandmom who loves to cook and bake. Have met a number of chatters from epi when my husband and I hosted two chat parties here in TO.
Want to say "thanks", Mimi, for opening up this lovely swap.

Yes, Gayle, that is me.....however,

I won't tell how long ago that was taken. I'm guessing some "in the know" poster will let the cat out of the bag.

About six months younger than Richard in Cincy and Sandra in (m)

London, having first posted on Epi in March of '96, but lightyears behind these two wonderful cooks in the *talent* department.

I'm a home cook, self-taught, with a keen regard for the amount of knowledge I've gained from the old Gail's Swap, may it rest in peace.

I love cooking for family and friends, and I'm thrilled to see this board gathering so many wonderful and talented cooks. I can expect my skills to continue to evolve, thanks to all of you here.

Michael

I have saved all the recipes from that forum on my hard drive

but not the discussions, ISOs etc. Some day I will post the recipes but not, I think, before this Christmas! Too darned busy these days. :eek:/

Hi all! Greetings from northern VA! I have been lurking at Gails....

since sometime in the mid 90's. I posted a few times from MD then got married and moved over the line to VA. I have felt so much a part of the swap family and have missed everyone immensely! HUGH thank you to Mimi and her gang for putting together this swap and to Curious for letting me know about it.

After just a couple of days there are already SOOOOO many good recipes posted here that my printer is smokin' trying to get them all printed out........

Made it!

Thanks to those of you who sent me a message about this new site. Mimi, my hat is off to you (and Dan) - this is truly what everyone was looking for in a forum. Well done!

By way of introduction, I am American, have been living in Holland for 13 years. Like all of you, dedicated to cooking and eating well. (And to my husband and dogs, of course.) I entered into the Epi Group right from the beginning way back when (Epi's dumping of the Group Project on the website still chaps my hide). Anyway, right now I am going through the British Wine and Spirit Education Trust's Diploma Course, which is a heavy-duty wine course. It's for professionals - I am an amateur hoping to become at professional. We'll see if it works out!
cheers, Bonnie

RE above.That should be GLAD>>And I can't type very well and I need to get used to the

enter and tab keys here.

Hello, SallyBR here....

Used to be a regular at Gail's years ago.

Let's see - I was born in Brazil 45 years ago; lived in California for a few years, France for a few years, now I am a permanent resident of the US of A, Oklahoma region

Married to my best friend, co-worker, co-runner, kitchen-helper, home-chef, Phil

Three stepsons, grown up, don t live with us

Two dogs - one is a Jack Russell - enough said, for those who know the breed... smileys/smile.gif

Thanks to Dawn for bringing me over here!

Hi all! I'm so glad to be here! I posted at Gails as Susie/MI (m)

I have not posted much in the last year due to work and travel but would visit every day...

I'm looking forward to this new site..it feels like home!

Susie in MI

Back